Coolest Temps i've seen for a Prescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I was really suprised today when I decided to check my CPU and system temps. I've never seen temps this cool on mere aircooling.

P4 3.4Ghz Prescott - s478
Zalman 7000AuCu w/AS5
Thermaltake shark - 1rear 120mm & 1 front 120mm fan

The small room my PC is in has AC. The room is about 70F.
Motherboard Monitor 5 and ASUS AIbooster shows the following temps.

AT DESKTOP: IDLE

CPU: 28C
SYSTEM TEMP: 20C

LOAD: Medium (Burning DVD Movie, Talking on Ventrillo, Listening to MP3's, Working with Photoshop)

CPU: 38C
SYSTEM TEMP: 30C

Anyone ever seen temps like this before? Seems to good to be true. I'll give it a few more days and see what happens.

My AMD can still beat it...

However, that's amazing, almost soo amazing I think the heat sensor is broken.

Well my 3.0GHz prescott does 38 idle and 42 load on air cooling. I know not as good but decent I think.

lowest I have ever seen my cpu was 29C load but my room was around 65F at the time, but I was still amazed because it was only a $5 heatsink... it runs hotter now, around 31C idle, since I got my 6600gt

mine idles at around 25, goes to about 35 for full load, running on stock HS/fan with 2x 120mm fans and 1 80 mm fan (case fans), plus the power supply fan and the fan/HS on my vid card

Holy crap, water cooling, and what is that? A canister full of ice? Or liquid nitrogen?

I imagine that is a canister of LN2 or DI, but since it is not smoking, I'm thinking Liquid Nitrogen. One of those is used for a suicide shot, since you have to refill it rtather often.

What was his speeds? What were his specs?

He's cooling it with dry ice and acetone.

I don't know his specs off hand, but I can grab them when I get home (I'm at work right now).

I believe he's somewhere around 2x or 3x overclocking with AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom