Converting a Joyport Steering Wheel to USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok i have this old logitech joystick from way back when that uses a joyport and doesnt fit any of my new computers. I was wondering if I can cut the joy coupler off and convert it to a usb coupler. Anybody have an knowledge of this? I cant spend any money till after summer (stupid parents) or else I would buy one.

The joyport is actually an Apple invention, and is normally used for MIDI.....upper end sound cards still carry them....like sound blasters.....

no, because its very old technology. The only way would be to buy an adapter, or find a used PCI adapter for your PC to support it.

sound cards dont really matter, whether they are from 1996 or from 2006....they provide sound, while older ones may not have "bass boost"...

An older sound card will work fine, just put it in another PCI slot, most PC's have 2 stock.

Video cards are different, but sound cards are virtually identical.

I guess you are using a 2-piece speakers system with subwoofer? Any sound card will work with that setup, even an old one.

Out of curiousity, why go through all this trouble to use an old joystick? why not keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom