Control panel wont open

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Sometimes when i try to play songs it says i have no hardware installed to play it so i go into control panel and install speaker software then it works. So it happened again and when i try to open the control panel explorer crashes then restarts and i have restarted my computer a couple time. Seriously lately my computer has been pissing me off!

yeah... i guess it is.. i just have to find my xp disk :/. Besides it has been running so slow lately and sometimes this virus comes on that names itself as another svchost.exe and takes up 100% of my proccessor. and it takes like 4 minutes now just to starup.

A good option is to write zeros to the Hard Drive then Format and install OS.

To ensure no traces of a virus remain on the HD .Same as wipeing the drive.You wouldnt want to go through and simply reformat the drive and install only to get re-infected .Better safe than sorry. I even clear CMOS .

Cappy,

Reformatting the HDD clears all the files ,and so the virii too. So according to your comment , how can the virii exist after a reformat?

And BTW what software do you use for filling zero's to HDD?

sign
Codes:)

I think Cappy is full of crappy. :)

As long as you don't copy the existing system files from the drive, there's almost no way for the virus to avoid being destroyed. If you're worried about a SF virus, just use your own boot-disks (either the CD or a stack of floppies) and start from safe scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom