Consolidating a LOT of HDD Storage Files - Advice Please! :)

BinaryCode

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I am trying to consolidate terabytes of data... and although I remember reading about the method to do what I'm attempting, it was a few years ago and I have no idea where to start or even what to search for.

QUESTION: What is the best method (software/program) of indexing/searching through all of my internal/external hard drives in one step hopefully, to identify all redundant/repetitive files that are present with the same details (date, size, name) so I can cut everything down to a SINGLE streamlined master-backup?

What's happened is:
over the years after some pretty devastating computer crashes I've done my best to make backups and do cloud-computing as well... but with my frequent full backups every few months, I've simply copy-pasted my laptop's HDD to external storage, and failed to delete or organize all of the PREVIOUS backups that were already in place. *So out of the mass amounts of photography I've done for example, the same exact image might exist in four places, in essence quadrupling it's storage usage :( :eek: :mad:

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Back
Top Bottom