consoles on monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
I'm looking for a monitor that I can use for my PC but would also like to play xbox 360 games on it.

what i'm confused about is which port should i be looking for in a monitor (component? HDMI?" and how do I get sound.

For example, the following samsung monitor has an hdmi input, but it has no speakers so how do I set things up to play my console games on it with sound?
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG T260 Rose-Black 25.5" 5ms Touch of Color Series HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1 - LCD Monitors

Built in speakers can vibrate pixels causing them to stick or freeze budget monitors sometimes have speakers that aren't well magnetically shielded which can cause banding. To plug the xbox 360 into my monitor I use hdmi then the 3.5mm headphone line out jack to plug into my computer soundcard which then post processes and comes through my 12.2 speakers.

Kikatek.com | (9J.L2R72.VSE) BenQ FP241VW Widescreen Monitor 24 inch WUXGA TFT LCD 1000:1 500cd/m2 1920x1200 16ms VGA/DVI/HDMI

Just google alot for different experiences of people with a Xbox and your exact model number. I would search "FP241VW xbox" and see what comes up just replace with the model your interested in.

I got the acer 1080p 21.5" monitor for xmas so my setup is that I have dvi from my computer to the monitor and I have a 360 vga cable to my monitor which has a right and left rca's so I have a converter (female rca left and right to headphone jack) so I hook the audio up to my boston computer speakers. Then I just set the resolution to 1920x1080.

To plug the xbox 360 into my monitor I use hdmi then the 3.5mm headphone line out jack to plug into my computer soundcard which then post processes and comes through my 12.2 speakers.

If I don't have a sound card, can I just plug the 3.5mm line out directly to a 2.1 speaker system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom