connecting tv to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_daniels

Baseband Member
is it possible to connect my tv to my computer using s-video? is there anything that i should know before i attempt it? my tv has built in s-video and my video card does as well. any help would be appreciated

is there anything that i should know before i attempt it?

Other than reading the manual, not really.

Just make sure that you have the appropriate software and drivers installed.

I thought you needed a special 'Video TV card' as otherwise i would have done this long ago!

You can do it as long as your video card has S-Video out. Just make the switch for output on your video card settings.
I thought you needed a special 'Video TV card' as otherwise i would have done this long ago!
Don't get too excited, the resolution sucks and doesn't look very good.

If you have S-video, it is simple and good quality. Other than that, it will suck. My buddy hooked his up to his computer once, using an RCA cable to go from the composite out to the video in on the TV. The res really sucked, but it was bearable. He would do that if we wanted to watch a video from his computer on his TV. Just get another monitor, and throw another vid card in there, and run in dual monitors. There will be no resolution lost, and it will be the same as hooking it to your TV. I have dual monitors set up, and I use one of them as my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom