Connecting three harddrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom2playa

In Runtime
I have 3 hd's connected in my system my c: 40gb hd has my win xp pro on it
my E:40gb has my programs and program files on it
my F: 120gb sata has my media on it.

my 1st ? is when i go into bios to look at my settings I dont see my sata drive, is that because its being read by raid?

also i wanted to know what would be the best configuration for 3 HD's
At the moment my E: is the master and C: which has the os is on the slave. Does this effect my proformance.

sorry im adding 1 more thing, If it is better to have my os on the master can i just switch the ide cables ?

HMmmm,,, calll me odd,, but I would think that due to the nature of the IDE cable,, that the last,,and Master would be read first,,this would mean that the C drive with the OS would be Disk0 in the ARC path,, and therefore should provide some increased efficiency for IO reads,,, the Progs Drive,, I would put as Slave,,,

and as for the SATA drive,, if you have it connected with a SATA cable ,,and IDE adaptor, it will not show up in bios as an IDE drive,, Did you install the SATA drivers for you MOBO at install?

you will be able to see it in the RAID config util,,

cheers

CrashAbbott said:
HMmmm,,, calll me odd,, but I would think that due to the nature of the IDE cable,, that the last,,and Master would be read first,,this would mean that the C drive with the OS would be Disk0 in the ARC path,, and therefore should provide some increased efficiency for IO reads,,, the Progs Drive,, I would put as Slave,,,

and as for the SATA drive,, if you have it connected with a SATA cable ,,and IDE adaptor, it will not show up in bios as an IDE drive,, Did you install the SATA drivers for you MOBO at install?

you will be able to see it in the RAID config util,,

cheers

Yah your rite, when i installed the os, my sata drive wasnt showing up in bios, i had to install the raid drivers that came with the mobo disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom