Connecting a PS2 up to my Sony Vaio

Status
Not open for further replies.

salomon144

Solid State Member
hey i need help connecting my ps2 to up to my vaio. it has the red, yellow, white hook ups but i jsut cant get it come up on teh screen....HELP!

oooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..................
is your sony vaio a laptop or a desktop? Cauze if it's a laptop, you should forget about it. It it has the right port, that laptop must be useless....

Umk...this works for any desktop. Get a Graphics Card w/ TV out, then find a female video in to male TV-out cord, then your'e golden. Oh...and plug the white cord into the sound imput (i dunno, probably on the sound card) and the red one's for stero sound (right?) and it doesn't matter.

For TV in ports, buy an RF switch for your System (about $20-30) and you're golden.

Turn the system on, and it should work.

i have a desktop and it came with the video card. i can watch tv record and watch dvds and all that jazz. but then i wanted to play my ps2 online so i hooked it up to the pc and idk how to bring the ps2 video and aideo up. thats where i need help

Yeah those VIAO's are built with the RED, WHITE, and YELLOW AUDIO/VIDEO out so they make it possible to hook up a TV/VCR/DVD/ -- It should configure exactly how a normal Audio Video I/O system (TV, VCR, ect..) -- If it's not properly configuring itself, then its a encoding/Data transfer conflict, and its probably not possible.

Umk...when i tried this for my GCN, I just turned it on and it worked. Maybe you need a utility to run video-in stuff. That would make sense...but that doesn't explain how mine would work...

There was probably a utility that came out w/ your computer. I believe it wouldn't be that hard to find...cauze otherwiise then the yellow, white, and red ports would be pretty useless. I think ATI has like...a player that plays Video-In. It'd be on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom