Connecting Casio SF-3990 digital diary to PC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardmachine

Baseband Member
Does anybody know how to connect a CASIO SF-3990 to a computer? There is no provision for doing so directly. But it may be possible by some tweaking. Near the battery slot I have found another small slot. it has 6 pin-type-things. Maybe they can be of some help.

Beyond that, you may want to worry about how your PC could read it even if you DID get it connected. Are you aware of 1) what type of storage it uses or 2) what format it saves files in?

MicroBell said:
Most Casio Digital Diary models have a small 2.5mm serial port built into the side of the unit. It can be used to communicate between two Casio Digital Diary units, or with another serial device such as a PC (or a serial printer on some older models).

To connect to a standard 9 or 25-pin RS232 PC serial port, you need a special Casio-specific adapter cable. The Casio diary uses its own unique communications protocol, and requires a Casio diary backup program on the PC. You can buy this connector and the software required to use it here.... http://www.imslsoft.com/xlinkwin.htm

This was a good piece of info. thanks MicroBell. But unfortunately SF-3990 is not supported. I knew that from the beginning and wanted to ask if there was some other method of chip modding or something....There is no such serial port connector on my Diary so I would have to do some serious stuff with circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom