Confusing aperture size..straight answer needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I searched tech-forums for this, but found some conflicting answers. Does anyone know for certain what your graphics aperture size should be? My system is in my sig, and right now my aperture size is set at 64 MB. I've read that it should be equal to your video card memory, half your video card memory, or even half of your system memory. Can anyone help me and let me know what I should set it at for the current system? Thanks a lot.

64MB is good for that system. If you had a 256MB card, you would want to set it to 128MB or greater. Basically, all APG aperture is is how much system memory your video card will use as video memory during gameplay.

keep it at default, as even tested with more aperture, sometimes the Graphic card has declined in performance.

Normally its recommended to keep it less than or equal to your system memory, at the same time not less than 16MB

The performance has been known to decline when setting the aperture size to 256 Mb.

You should set the aperture size to the amount of your VRAM.

If you have 256 Mb (or greater) of VRAM, then set the aperture size to 128 Mb. There is no need for more.

There's an exception for the small group that owns the 512 Mb cards. :p

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom