Confused about upgrading memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeneran

Baseband Member
Hi, i wish to upgrade my memory from 512mb to 1024mb. However after reading posts from other forums i am now confused. I used CPU-Z to find out my current memory. I have taken a screenshot of this and inserted it as a attachement. It says i have DDR-SDRAM (this type is crap right?) So do you think i would be able to remove this and install two sticks of 512mb DDR (this is better right?) Also how do i know what type i need because when i look on ebuyer for memory theres all this techical stuff ie:Crucial CT6464Z40B 512MB DDR 400MHz PC3200 CL=3 Memory Module. What does this mean?
I hope you can understand this.

Attachments

• memory.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 16
Ok baisically at the moment i have 4 sticks of 128mb. So im going to remove these and insert 2 sticks of 512mb. So is DDR short for DDR-SDRAM? So could i buy 2 stick of these?

Since you have 4 sticks of 128, yeah I would recomend ditching all the cheap sticks.

DDR is short for DDR-SDRAM as well.

And yes, those kingston ram sticks should work very well.

Ok thanks for that, you have helped me clear a few things up. :D
One other thing i read somewhere that you have to match the pins up to youre motherboard or something like that. Because you can buy 184 pin memory etc. Is this true?

Yeah, and all DDR memory *excluding a few HP systems* are 184 pin and the pin's in the same place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom