Concerned about FSB and Operating Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffy

Beta member
Recently I bought a ASUS A7V8X-MX SE Motherboard and a AMD Athlon XP 2700+ with a Operating Frequency of 2.17GHz. Everything is up and running fine but I noticed in windows properties that my computer is reading at 1.30 GHZ and I am convinced the FSB isn't as high as it should be. I have already been through BIOS and can't seem to find any options in there on how to change it.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get into advanced-advanced options in Bios. I am running Phoenix Award Bios V6.00 pg. I remember hearing somewhere that if you press ctrl+f3 or something that you can get into a different set of options. Also, I already checked my jumpers on the MB and it's set on 333mhz FSB but I am concerned about the Operating Frequency of 1.30 GHZ when it's suposed to be 2.17.

One more thing, in dxdiag.exe, it says AMD Athalon XP 1500+ when it's supposed to be 2700+. Is this an indication that they send me the wrong chip or is it soley based on my settings and that's just the reason why everything is off?

that happend to me, my asus a7n8x-x detected my fsb as 100 rather than 133 to my 2200+ ran at 1350mhz instead off 1795mhz, try pressing del when you boot to get into your bios, and change your fsb to 133, but first you need to change it to manual selection, save and exit, that should work

wayne

waynejkruse10 said:
you navigate the bios just with the arrow keys usually, its all very easy.
wayne

I know, but i was wondering if there was a way to bring up additional options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom