Computer wont turn on right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abercrombie

Baseband Member
Ok, just a couple days ago my computer started acting weird when I turn it on it turns on (but doesnt make the beeping noise like it usually does) but nothing comes up on the screen and its not the monitor or video card because I tested them on another computer and worked fine does anyone know what could be wrong?

You gotta be waaay more descriptive.

List your full system specs, and explain exactly what happens when you hit the power button.

Dont get lazy on us when describing your problem. Remember that people here help out of the goodness in their hearts :p

Ok, here are my specs amd xp 3000, 1.5gigs ddr 3200, maxtor 40gig HD, 430watt PS, gigabyte 7nf-rz mobo, ati 9800 pro. And when I push the power button the cd drive makes a grinding noise and the computer keeps running but nothing shows up on the monitor the monitor just shows like its idle the power light on the monitor just blinks.

make sure that all of the ram sticks are seated properly in the dimm slots...if not this will cause the computer to start and hang on a black screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom