computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisisme

Solid State Member
hey i have a dell 1400 and when i turn it on all i here is a beeping noise coming from the middle of the mother board. the fan doesn turn or anything this is all get. please help me thanks

ok now the fan where the power supply is at turns on and it doesnt beep anymore but all i get is a black screen. doesnt load anythign up.

How many beeps? Anyways that's a hardware issue. You say nothing turns on except the powersupplys fan. Make sure the cables are connected properly, you might have a dead psu. And how long have you had the computer?

its a really old computer. when i plug it in the fan turns and inside on the mother board a green light blinks. it doesnt start up or anything. and i cant restart it or turn it off i have to unplug it to do that.

ok i just played around i found some wires that werent connnected. but now the screen wont turn on. when i turn on my computer i can hear everything load up but nothing goes to the screen.

ok. i want to get some files off that computer. is it possible to put the hard drive from that computer onto the one im using now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom