JB Rekit

In Runtime
Every time I turn it on it asks

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with command prompt
Last known good configuration
Start windows normally

The last time I turned it off, I used the spybot search and destroy and it must have erased something important, but how do I get it back on?

I have tried all of the above options and it keeps cycling back to the same 5 options.

Any ideas are appreaciated

John

Is there not an option that says "Boot normally" ?

EDIT: OK, I hadn't seen Boot normally on your list but now I see it, make sure (for whatever reason) that the F8 key is not jammed or anything (just a suggestion).

-Dan The Man

start/run/msconfig and make sure safeboot or boot options is not checked or set to minimal. Should be diagnostic startup just make sure its set for normal boot.

when I select that, it acts like it will start windows, flashes a blue screen with a lot of stuff written on it for less that 1 sec and then starts back at the beginning again.

I tried hitting the F8 key and got a larger menu to choose from and tried the restore option and just when I thought it might be starting to do something, the blue screen flashed and it rebooted again.

Let's see if I can spell it out for you, r-e-f-o-r-m-a-t, and reinstall windows. That would be the easiest thing to do instead of sitting around trying to find a solution.

To start with... DO NOT FORMAT!!! It is a last resort. You will lose ALL your files and have to reinstall EVERYTHING from motherboard and component drivers to your operating system, favourite programs, etc. It's predominantly an unnecessary and tedious process that will take hours to recover from. And that is if you know what you're doing. You will lose ALL your files if you format.

What you need to do is diagnose the problem. We can help you with that but we will need to know certain things.

1. How many beeps are you getting on boot up. One single boot beep or a sequence of long and short beeps, continuous beeping, etc. Those beeps are your computer telling you where the problem lies. A single boot beep is a good sound. More is not.
2. Are you getting error messages of ANY sort. If you are, tell us what it says. Can you tell what the blue screen says when it flashes on boot up?
3. When you change your display settings thru control panel to High Color (16 bit) and 800 x 600 pixels, does your computer still restart in safe mode/crappy graphics? That points to corrupted video adapter files. An easy fix.
4. Does your computer restore on shut down and boot up on yesterdays restored system? It could be restoring corrupt files. Common in Hewlett Parkard machines with Windoze backed up on a prepartitioned drive.

The more you can tell us, the more we can help.

Please DON'T format. I drive 32 machines and only one has needed formatting in the past 2 years. I had sold it and they wanted a clean HD.

Cheers
kiri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom