computer wont run with two sticks of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
my freind has 2.6 pentium 4 with msi 848p motherboard it runs perfect with one stick of 256 ddr 400 ram in either slot but will not run with two sticks in help please i have tried using both sticks simultaniously and they both work fine need help please

Avaliable bandwidth up to 3.2GB/s (DDR 400) for single channel mode

• Supports 2 unbuffered DIMM of 2.5 Volt DDR SDRAM
• Supports up to 2GB memory size with non-ECC* Supports only x9, x16 DDR modules with maximum of 4 banks.
• Support Single or Dual Channel DDR 400*/333/266 MHz and up (*In order to use DDR 400, FSB 800 CPU is required)
Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.
Example: Kingston HyperX DDR500 PC4000 operates at 2.65V, 3-4-4-8, CL=3.
For more information about specification of high performance memory modules, please check with your Memory Manufactures for more details.

ive just been reading a thread and it says to use two sticks of pc3200 ddr400 memory u need to have cpu with fsb 800 is this right cos my cpu is only 333fsb and i can have two sticks of pc3200 ddr400 memory strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom