Computer wont power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balrog

Beta member
Hi all,
Last night, my Thinkpad 760's (I know its junk but I can still do basic word processing and stuff on there) ram fell out of the computer while the power was on (because of a defective cover), and the laptop immeduately powered off. I reinserted the ram, but the laptop will not turn on. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions as how I can fix this problem (maybe I need to reset a jumper or something?).
Thanks

You may have blitzed the board. Or the RAM. Yanking RAM out of a machine while it's running is grade A: Bad.

Not that it was intentional, though.

Your laptop doesn't have clips for it's RAM?

ShoobieRat said:
You may have blitzed the board. Or the RAM. Yanking RAM out of a machine while it's running is grade A: Bad.

Not that it was intentional, though.

Your laptop doesn't have clips for it's RAM?

My laptop is almost 10 years old, and all the held in the ram was a slot, no clips at all. I am hoping that it is just the ram, I have an old stick I could try. Of course if it really is the board, I'll just buy a new laptop.

Thanks for the reply.

If your laptop is 10 years old, that would make it about 50-100 years old in the computer world. I'd ditch it as a coffee-mug coaster and buy a new laptop. You can get a decent lap for $600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom