computer using projector and cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

vp911

Beta member
Hey guys... I have a comp question - I want to get a desktop - but I want to use a projector to project the screen (instead of monitor).. is it possible to do? will the quality be good? can i project on like half the screen video source (from cable) and the other half use as the monitor?

What type of computer would you reccomend (hardware specs)

What projector would be reccomended?

Thanks for helping a noob!

yeah you can if you want to get good quality you are going to be spending some seriouse $ though
i dont know what u mean by project half on cable and half on the screen though give more info

i meant half of the screen would be cable tv.. or a dvd or something...and the other half would be for the computer itself...

omfg... if you want good quality projector, get a DLP projector. i saw spiderman2 on a HP VP6121 ODLP hooked up to a laptop and it was fukin awesome... watched the movie at atleast 120inches across... coulda been bigger but the wall wasn't big enough :p
it actually surprised me.. it is so clear and the pixels are practically invisible. anyway, good luck. :)
yea but it is pretty expensive... for a desktop, anything, with a decent video card. and for that sharing cable question, there is probalby something out there that lets you share the cables for both devices, but i haven't seen one.

havn't seen a projector that would take a dual input and display both at the same time... however, if you had a tv card in the pc, and you had a window open to view cable on the pc then yes it would display both at the same time.

Any reccomendation for a tv tuner?

I was just thinking that maybe I should just get a powerful laptop instead.... what do you think?

give me a couple... cheaper ones and more expensive ones... no idea what i should be paying.. i havnt researched pricing yet - mainly because i dont know which one to get lol

sure,you might need to put it in a dark room for it to have a good picture----but they cost a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom