Computer suddenly freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

theor

In Runtime
I took apart my computer again to install a new cpu heatsink.. and fans for my graphics cards. The computer booted fine but now when I do something as simple as clicking on the webbrowser the computer completely freezes. It also freezes when I go into the nvidia drivers and click on the sli option(the button that brings you to the screen that lets you enable sli). I also got the nv_disp.dll error once. What could be wrong and how do I fix this? I checked the fans and temperatures using the asus probe motherboard utility and everything is ok.. halp =/

It sounds like you have problems with your forceware, if you had any previous drivers on your drive you should remove them or they will conflict with one another. Once you're sure of that reinstall your nVidia drivers.

Also, it may be a weak PSU that causes freezes, but the former is the obvious main culprit.

I also gave the grfx cards there own cables.. the 1.5v is at 1.5v, 5v at 5.03, 3.3v at 3.26 and the 12v at 11.9 so power should be fine I figure. Any program I open basically freezes

what can I use to completely remove all previous forceware.. I've only used these cards on this comp

Try to reinstall the Nvidia drivers. Because its a Nvidia DLL that caused that one error. And your PSU may not be powerfull enough to run everything since youve added new fans.

alright, how do I check if it is definetly my psu at fault?

can two nvsilencer 5's (instead of evga fans), and a Zalman 7700-Cu cpu fan really take up that much more powerful than the stock ones?

with the psu the 1.5v is at 1.5v, 5v at 5.03, 3.3v at 3.26 and the 12v at 11.9 so power should be fine I figure. Any program I open basically freezes

also I need a prog that can completely remove all nvidia drivers

tell you how removing the drivers does, brb.. that's if trying to use it doesn't freeze the comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom