computer still freezing without video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fgreco

Baseband Member
I took out the video card and uninstalled the drivers I got integrated graphics back. The computer is still freezing all fans are working properly as far as I know. I was wondering since we ruled out fans and video card can the hard drive be going? The computer is only 4 months old.

yes its a possibility and most likely also try and barebone your computer (only the neccisary parts) and boot it. then add the hard drive and so on if it freezes again when the hard drive is in then its the hard drive. use some deductive logic and this should be a piece of cake

Before you take ur hardrvie back have you treid reinstalling windows?
fixes mine sometimes is all, and if that doesnt work format

I dont have another copy of windows xp. I hear they are like 300$ and dont know anyone that I can get a copy from.

jason_daniels said:
yes its a possibility and most likely also try and barebone your computer (only the neccisary parts) and boot it. then add the hard drive and so on if it freezes again when the hard drive is in then its the hard drive. use some deductive logic and this should be a piece of cake

I am sorry I dont understand. What do I take out the harddrive I wouldnt have anything to boot off of without a hard drive.

Yeah the CD cost is rediculous. Home as restrictive as it is, it's bull that anyone would pay those prices for that. Pro is even worst price wise but at least it allows you more control over your system.

The purpose of doing that is to figure out what the problem is. I dont know what the purpose pulling out the HD since he can only really test the Integrated Graphics in Windows where he can play games/applications where it would be used.

I know what he means, I bareboned mine when my friend fried my computer (touched a thermal diode to the CPU prongs) and found that most the parts were ok, except for the CPU and motherboard, memory, videocard, and HD's survived the shock.

Thanks for the site rouem. thansk for everyones help it was apprecieated if I were more expierienced we probley would have solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom