Computer in Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek657

Beta member
I am new to the forums so first hello.

Thought I would take a shot to see if someone might know how to fix a problem i am having with my new computer build. I hooked everything up and I went to power it on for the first time and boot BIOS, everything kicked on for about 5 seconds then shuts down. The standby light on my ASUS SLI-Deluse is on but that is it.

I tried a different power supply unit and cpu. I am beating my head against the wall at this point trying to figure out if my mother board is bad or what. Any help you could give to shed light on this would be a life saver.

Tweek

What kind of power supply's were you using? Also list your detailed specs.

To me their's 2 things it sounds like could be happening. 1: You are missing a power connector, probolly a 4 pin molex on your motherboard.

2: It's Asus, the crappiest motherboard's for their price. Their new AMD boards are heavily flawed, even my A8V decides, shall we POST this time or not :D

Well I figured out the main dumbass thing I did. I didn't have the washers on the back of the mother board. Now everythings runs but the monitor displays nothing so no BIOS.

Everything seems connected and working so I dont know. I will keep wacking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom