Computer running slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B34ST1Y

In Runtime
Hey, I recently bought a new Motherboard with a 64 bit AMD processor 2800+ . I have 512 mb of DDR ram...and its still running a little slow. Any ideas on WHY this is ? oh and another thing...will running the new XP 64 bit edition help run faster? will windows Os run faster?

I used the original jumper configs that came straight out of the box....and I mean...like...it has "periods" where it will just...be really slow...but task manager shows a commit charge of 95mb and 0% cpu usage...

Maybe you are expecting more speed from your machine but its already running as fast as it can and you donÂ’t thinks its fast enough.
This might be the problem but i dough it.

First of all try defrag your drives if this doesnÂ’t work check your chipset drivers are installed and all your other driver like for you video card and stuff if this doesnÂ’t work i donÂ’t know then.

Also windows 64 Bit edition is only out in the beta version and doesnÂ’t really make any difference at all its even slower so i say just stick with windows XP.

Neosteve

What motherboard are u using? Also windows 64 bit is only in beta stage now , there are hardly any drivers avaliable for it. So don't use it.

Check in your bios that your cpu is running at the right speeds i think its 9 ratio x 200fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom