computer restarts without notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
whenever i plug in something to the usb port it sometimes works and sometimes not. if it doesnt work nothing happens and i just leave it in and forget about it, but about 3 or 4min after my computer flashed a blue screen with a bunch of words i can never get a chance to read then it restarts. i get an error report about some serious error with my driver and i dont kno what to do to fix that. if any1 could help that would be great or any suggestions on what to do
thanks

in my opinion, that sounds like one of your hardware devices, is either being overworked...(so like...are you overclocking? try stopping that and see what changes).... Another big problem I see a lot nowadays, is bad RAM. That can DEFINITELY cause your comptuer to crash. It could even be your harddrive; a bad harddrive easily causes system instability (no brainer :p ). The blue screen that flashes, is most likely telling you an error such as "Kernal stack inpage error"...I BELIEVE this means basically...bad hard drive. However, there was an error before that I got that I deduced to bad RAM. I changed the RAM out and it worked fine. There's a million different things it COULD be though...

yea but it only happens when i plug something into the usb im not overclocking. i dont get how a bad harddrive or ram has anything to do with the usb.

(Only try this if you know what you are doing) - Try opening up your case and checking the connection on the USB(s), if the usb wire's are fully plugged into the mobo and secure.

(I once did simlar to this, I when't to plug my mouse (USB) into the USB connecters and forgetting that i hadn't plugged the wires into the mobo insantly causing the power to cut-off and shutdown the comp)

uhh its a laptop and im not so sure if i want to open it cause ive opened a laptop before and its complete hell to put it back together

Sorry, I thought you where talking about PC - well I'am sorry I havn't had any experiance with laptops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom