Computer restarting when moving away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikarumail

Beta member
Hi. For some time, and some unknown reason when I move away from my computer, and sit on the couch about a meter away or sometimes just stand in that general area it restarts. It isn't every time, it happens quite randomly but I cannot work out what is doing it. I've paid attention when It happens and I am definately not touching any wires or power supply. I am just standing free from the computer. Could it be something to do with static or is it some PARANORMAL OCCURENCE! :O lol

It's not really a problem, just curious to what is causing it. It happens probably twice a week.

Did someone die in your room? hehe Very odd indeed. Does it lose power and restart (like you pulled the plug then plugged it back in) or does it do a windows shut down/restart.

My best guess is, you wall socket you have your computer's power running too is loose and you walking away shook the floor a little and bam, computer turned off then back on.

Oh should have mentioned, Hard tiled floor in a one story house, no shaking. Lol. It doesn't go through shutdown process, it's as if I just unplugged the power and plugged it in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom