computer reboot of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him said:
Why are you running Windows 98? Whats wrong with you? You can easily run XP on that thing, it will make everything work better. Windows 98, for lack of a better term, sucks.

Does it continuously reboot? It reboots, and then gets to the same spot and reboots again? Reinstall Windows.

OS has not to much to deal with the problem (Yes, however, if you install something else this won't happen), but the problem is the SPECIFIC software you have. And, about 98 sucking.. 98 is good, low memory usage = fast. Down side is the age, and a few more miniscule things.

To answer your question:
Is it just a general install disk, or was it from your computer manufacturer? Does the disk have any scratches, not allowing it to be read? There are a few different possibilities, as you can see. Most likely, if this happened after an install, it's a non-complete software installation.

I don't mind have 98 but XP Pro won't run on my sata, but like I asked is enermax trustable either.

Nevermind about the enermax, I'm getting an Antec True 430 watt power supply. Does anybody know how to get XP Pro working on a single SATA drive, I've still not had much luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom