Computer randomly shuts down....not a virus, already tried new motherboard & RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG u need thermal paste it is a most with out thermal paste it will for sure overheat. Makesure it is a applied thin and is completely covering the prossecor on top. Man you should no u need thermal paste. and did the heat sing come with the prossocer becuase if it didnt u may need a new one of that too.

Do you have Win XP SP2, because in some computers it is known to cause an issue where it randomly shuts down, but where you said it shuts down in the bios, I dont know?? try uninstalling SP2 if you have that SP version, might help. It caused a problem similar to that in one of my family member's computers. Just a suggestion?

He said in his last post that he saw in the BIOS that the heat is the problem. 60C is hot...too hot. He is computer is not randomly shutting down. It is only shutting down after running certain things over time. SP2, while not perfect, is not horrible. I myself have tried it, but I will stay will SP1 until all bugs are fixed, but I had no problems. Just FYI.

I know thermal paste is reccomended but my Mobo when bad a month ago and at the time everyone in my house was home for holiday break, including the kid that had my thermal paste, I kinda forgot about it and then didnt think it would make a huge difference.. I guess i was wrong :eek:

I ordered a new fan for the processor though and a new tube of thermal paste, for the future.

thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom