Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
Hey just trying to add my mothers Laptop to our wireless network again. No luck so far, ive been trying to install all different types of Network cards, USB Netgear MA111 which has worked before on the laptop but nothing this time (Freezes when installing), and a Orinoco Gold Card.

The problem is:

Ok for starters, in Computer Management, Device Manager nothing comes up (All of my devices that is), it is totally blank, which i thought might be because of a virus, but have scanned several times with different software and nothing.

In the Orinoco Utility it does not allow me to add a new profile?

And there is no Wireless connections in My Computer, Control Panel, Network Connections only a "Incoming Connections"

can someone suggest anything please, it's the the computer does not want any connections to be made, and Ive disbaled visus protection and Windows firewall during all my installations ad setups.

please help me

ok sorry gold card is PCMCIA, Netgear MA111 is USB. i tried both to see that it just wasnt one of those, but no luck. in services.msc plug and play is set to automatic which i think is normal. any other suggestions?

thanks

I got a suggestion for your comp, get your stuff from www.msy.com.au

A64 3200+ Venice - $227

512MB PC3200 Kingston - $73

DFI NF4 Ultra-D - $209 (from http://www.pccasegear.com/prod1847.htm though, since MSY don't have them)

Leadtek 256MB 6800 256-bit - $295

LG 16X DVD burner - $56

17" BenQ LCD (8ms one) - $313

old price: $1260.44
new price: $1173
plus you get a better video card
--------

anyway, what happens if you use the add hardware wizard?

Yep im already going to be using MSY i think someone suggested it a while back. Just waiting for MSY to reply to my email so i can order the parts. And ive upgraded my budget a bit so instead of 3200 Venice getting 3700 San Diego, and 1GB OCZ Ram. Do you know if the Leadtek 256MB 6800 256-bit they sell at MSY is SLi compatiable?

ok sorry add hardware does not detect the items. I can install the PCMEIA card easily but when trying to use the utility does not find any wireless points.

i think if i figure out whats going on with Computer Management, Device Manager which is totally blank then maybe i can fix the other problems, like maybe they have not been uninstalled properly.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom