Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

loki1982

Beta member
I have 2 computers networked and one is giving me some problems.

About 2 weeks ago it started randomly shutting down. No blue screen, no fatal errors or nothing just black screen and starts rebooting.

Today it will not boot at all. I hit the power button the button turns green but the screen never shows any of the boot stuff. I thought the monitor may have gone bad so i plugged my other monitor in. The second monitor worked for about 2 second then went black. I plug that monitor backinto the computer that works and it works fine. So ive narrowed it down to the first computer and not the monitor.

Next I thought maybe it was a bad video card. I had a spare around the house so I put it in and tried booting. It will not boot still and now my green power light is orange instead of green. I put the orginal video card back in and the light will still not change from orange. Any idea what the problem might be?

simialr problem to me, very similar, i have nothing on my screen, no boot sounds either, bad mobo maybe,
i wish somone could help us

I can say this... my last PC started resetting, and it was indeed the motherboard. Some of the connections came loose (probably from the heat/general use over the past five years?)... it got worse and worse--until it wouldn't boot, as you say; so I scrapped it and got a new one.

The only thing left, I suppose, for you to check is the processor (not likely at all), or the memory--but neither of those usually do what you say.

Try a mobo, they're pretty cheap for the socket 754's and down.

Nope no sound at all. I turn it on, the light turns orange. The montior light stays orange and never changes to green and nothing appears.

After waiting 30 minutes i tried again and it booted up fine, no problems. Maybe its the motherboard and its over heating?

Well the wierd part is, this computer is like 3 years old and never had problems over heating. Somthing went bad i dont think its over heating cuz now it is doing all sorts of diffrent things, some times it will boot, sometimes it wont even try to boot. Some times after booting it immediate crashes to a black screen other times it wait 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom