COmputer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yandaoben

Baseband Member
Hello,

Computer stats is 512 RAM, P4 2.8c, Radeon 9200 (noob).

Well, was on WoW when whole computer hung. No use typing nor clicking, no respone. Hence turned off and on again. When on, the screen remained on standby.

A thing to note is that the sound of the cpu booting up is different from normal, its less powerful, sounds like the coolent fans are not turned on?

But the cpu does get turned on (receives power), cos its blinks up. but it dosen't load anything, not even the on the screen!

Help please,
Thank you.

Not good, you weren't over clocking were you ? In the past from experience when i've turned on monitors and they stay in standby then it means something got broke or fried.

Yea thats what I thought. Any preliminary tests to disern whats gotten damaged? No, don't remember overclocking it.

yandaoben said:
Yea thats what I thought. Any preliminary tests to disern whats gotten damaged? No, don't remember overclocking it.

Hehe you don't remember overclocking it? That probably means you didn't then, because I think you'd know. ;)

Anyway you could try clearing the BIOS, there's a jumper on the motherboard usually, you'll have to refer to the motherboard manual if you have it.

If you cannot find the jumper

Take the battery out, and leave it for at least 15 minutes (out)

Damn I don't know. It's one of those better known ones, cld u name me a few? Maybe I can recall thanks

lol, there are to many to name...
battery.jpg

look for something like this, it is the battery

If you cannot find the jumper

Take the battery out, and leave it out for at least 15 minutes

Ok, but my computer can boot up, just nothing shown on the screen, in fact its still on standy though its turned on. And the sound of it booting up is not as...powerful as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom