Computer Power Down Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelot

Beta member
Hi, I have a huge problem with me computer system, I have read a few of the forum answers already and they have been good but haven't helped my similar situation..

I have an:
AMD Athlon 2600+ Cpu
Gigabyte GA-7vA-C motherboard
400 W Power Supply
512mb PC 3200 Ram
Geforce 4 440 MX 64mb DDR w/Tv-Out (AGP)
Onboard Sound
30 GB Quantum HDD (last of quantum series)
Light On DVD Rom
LG 40x24x40 Burner
Thermaltake Volcano 12 Cpu Fan
Thermaltake Giant II Vga Heat Pipe
Several case fans...

The problem i am experiencing is that when I play some games my system powers off... just like I fliped the switch at the power socket. Screen goes blank and system devices all turn off (hardrive, fans, cd rom drives the lot...) except that I have noticed that the motherboard's power light is still on and my optical mouse and keyboard lights are still on...

An example of this is:

I will be playing the Sims and everything is fine, I can play that game for absolutely hours if i wished.... Also C&C Generals plays like a dream, but if I try to play GTA: VICE CITY, i get into the game and have about +/- 5 mins to play and my system powers off!!!, I have noticed that the system temp stays the same on any game I play as I invested in the two ThermalTake products listed above, and am concious of both CPU, Case and North/southbridge tempratures, my cpu and case do not reach above 39C degrees on a hot day but my northbridge is around 40 - 50 degrees...

I have been racking my brains trying to solve thyis problem for awhile now so any help would be appreciated! :eek:
???

Please e-mail me at Zelot@dodo.com.au if you have anything to help me...

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom