Computer not loading up........

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoami1234

Beta member
I wake up this morning and find that my computer crashed sometime in the middle of the night and now it wont load up. It gets stuck on the page where it says "booting from CD:" I'm thinking something is wrong with the harddrive, but haven't had time to look into it as I had to go work *sigh*.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

My computer is a amd xp 2600, power colour radeon 9550, with 512 corsair value ram, and the hard drive is a seagate SATA 160G

first, y r u booting from ur CD? second, go into the bios, reset it and make sure ur CD drive is configured correctly for booting. third, open up the case and make sure everything is seated correctly and nothing got bumped loose (a pin on ur cd drive could be disconnected.) fourth, try a different CD, make sure its a proper bootable cd.

Try clearing the CMOS as well before you update BIOS. I would say do that just to make sure that doesn't interfere later on. Remove the battery in the case for about 30 min then update bios and see where that takes you.

Thanks for the info.

Guess didn't mention it, but i'm not booting from a CD, just that in bios it set to boot from floppy, than CD than harddrive. But it seems to get stuck at the part of booting from CD. And doesn't go into the windows load screen.

I'm at work right now, so once i get home at the end of the day i'll try some of your suggestions.

Maybe first try switching the CD drive to the first drive to boot with the Windows CD in it. That should boot from the cd without getting stuck on anything. Usually worked for me when I had to try it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom