Computer noise

Will you join the Boycott against Newegg?

• I will join the boycott against those bums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I won't join the Boycott, I like newegg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My new case (the acrillic one) is going to have six fans. But I will be going for quieter less powerful ones so it shouldn't be too noisy.

talldude123 said:
this may sound stupid, but how do you add fans for the hard drive?

And also, GPU fans are for the video card right?

I dont have specific fans that attach to the HDDs. They are just in the case in the front-bottom area that blow air right past the HDDs.

I have 10 fans in my case. Whenever I turn it on, it sounds like a 747 engine. lol. Well at least they move a hudge amount of air.

Of course I dont run all the fans on a normal basis. I just use about 2-3 normally. I only turn on all 10 when Im at a LAN, and the room is 90+ deggrees. Those LAN rooms packed full of people and running computers always seem to heat up so fast no matter how many doors we open...lol

Most places that have huge computer labs, such as schools, colleges, government buildings, etc. have air conditioning in each room, so the computers dont bake up the room.

Ste said:
There are HD Coolers that attach to the bottom of the HD, Just look on newegg.

Just make sure u clean them, they tend to trap alot of dust.

How about it's both quiet and loud depending if im gaming or im surfing the web :D

2 (80)case fans in the front
1 (120)on the back
1 (80)on the top
and 1(80) blowhole

Then if you want to include all the PSU, CPU, and GPU

2 in the PSU 80mm
1 80mm on the CPU
1 VF700-CU on the GPU :p dont know size

2 80mm case fans
1 120mm PSU fan
1 CPU fan
1 GPU fan
1 HDD fan (fan screwed to the top of an old floppy drive with a hole in it)

Makes a decent amount of noise, but you stop noticing it if you are in the room for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom