Is this the computer for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexqd3

In Runtime
Ok I need some help! I am trying to buy a super computer (or at least something close) and i can't decide between the following processors:

Pentium® Extreme Edition Dual Core w/ HT Tech 3.20GHz, 800FSB - $1,130

Pentium® 4 Processor 670 with HT Technology 3.80GHz, 800 FSB
$830

AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-55 Processor with HyperTransport Technology
$336

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4800+ Processor with HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology $545

These are the things I want to be able to do my new computer:
Play games at max resoulution, and video settings
Edit Video
Edit photos
Mutitasking.

Which is the best chip that gives the best balance for those four things listed above?

Also if there is better AMD processors or intel that I didn't list feel free to mention it. Thanks in advance.

also is pentium D any good?

No, those are the best processors. where did u get those AMDs for such a cheap price?

Anyway, AMD pwnz intel, so anyway. if it were just games, id say FX 55. but since u have those other tasks, go with the athlon X2

The p4 EE 3.8 Ghz is supposed to have extreme overheating problems, unless they fixed it. I'd stay away unless you can find a report that mentions they've got it to cool down.

dhw200 said:
No, those are the best processors. where did u get those AMDs for such a cheap price?

Anyway, AMD pwnz intel, so anyway. if it were just games, id say FX 55. but since u have those other tasks, go with the athlon X2

alienware , and they give you $100 off instant if you order it makeing it only $ 200+

So if I get the fx-55 i wont be able to multitask? will my coputer freeze up if I try to?

and if i get the x2 will the games not run as smooth?

You can multitask with any cpu its just the dual core will allow you to do it so much better. Like if you tried running photoshop and adobe premiere and a bunch of other stuff the dual core is suppose to do it like 80% better or something like that.

Dual cores should run games fine its just if thats all your gonna do theres not a point in spending the extra money.

If you got a lot of money and now you want to do a lot of heavy intensive things right away then I say go for the dual core.

What kind of programs are you wanting to run and what would you say your skill level is with these programs?

The X2 for multitasking and dual threaded processes will be the best CPU by far :)

For stuff like games, the 4800+ will act exactly like a 3800+ CPU however

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom