Computer locks up when i press the caps lock button...please help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2005, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Computer locks up when i press the caps lock button...please help

I've been having this problem for a long time and I have had to take the caps lock button off the keyboard in case I press it! so I use the shift button instead.

Each time I press the caps lock button on my PC, the computer just locks up and continuosly beeps annoyingly. With no other choice I then have to reboot the computer. The strange thing is that if I press the reset button, then the monitor doesn't turn on and stays turned off with the orange light. If I shut it down and then switch it back on, then it starts up ok.

Once it starts up it also beeps 6 times at the memory check section etc. the black screen part, once the PC is turned on.

Anyway, this problem was happening before I formatted my computer and it was ok for a few days after I formatted, but has now started up again!!! I thought I got rid of the problem. I've tried different keyboards and the same thing happens. I tried re-installing the drivers for the keyboard as well.

I really don't know what to do. I've tried different keyboards, tried formatting and installing new drivers.... Could it be something with the BIOS?

Thanks a lot

Old 01-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Wow, i never heard of that before. People have some weird problems with their computers lol. Hmmm, does this happen with other keyboards?

Finished With TF.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Heard those things when people install SP2 which has some weird things like that

Intel Core i7-860
XFX HD-5870
G-Skill 4GB DDR3
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Silencer 750W
Antec Twelve Hundred
Windows 7 Ultimate
Old 01-16-2005, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ive tried other keyboards and the same thing happens and im using SP1
Old 01-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

it is a problem with the ps2 connection itself.

I would suggest buying a USB Keyboard and you will not have any further problems... unless you can solder the connection a little better.

Closed Thread