computer lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_knight

Beta member
if need a little help with a school assignment i have. the task requires me to develpoe a computer lab for a community centre, there is to be ten computers as well as software and hardware for the lab. if you could help give me some advice for what products i could use and i also need to have security and firewalls so i can controll the uses of the computers. well if you could help me out it would be greatley appriciated. thank you for your time

Microsoft Office 2003 for all the computers. We use it at school and it's pretty cool. As for the computers I recommend using Dell. They're dead silent, hardly put out any heat and don't look that bad. 2.6ghz, 256ram, 40 gig hd's should be fine.

Actually, for school computers, go skimpy one the HDD and CPU, and put in lots o ram. That is the thing I hate most about my schools (and librarys computers)... takes LOOOONG time for windows to boot, and do initial program startups. That being said, I reccomend 2000, and possibly novell netware as a network system.

Do you have a user ID and password to log in? The comptuers at my library are 2.8 512 and 20gb hard drive, and work like a charm. They have PC-Rdist on them, so everytime you log off everything is reverted back to factory state.

hey thanks for your help, but one tip of advice for "yagregm" windows ME (2000) has got to many ways to hack into, i can hack in, in an instant, but your help was deepley apricated, also do yous know what i could use for network. Eg/ fileserver, switch, router. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom