Computer keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

toeball

Solid State Member
My friend has this computer problem where his computer keeps crashing everytime he boots it up. He has installed the operating system 8 times and has even bought a new hard drive and reinstalled the OS again, but it is still crashing. I think it may be the motherboard or cpu. Any Ideas?????

this is his mother board and cpu
MSI k7
AMD Athlon xp 2600+

ToeBall :beard:

toeball,

Check RAM whether it is seated properly. Check RAM for any errors usin memtest86. Does he get any error code/blue screen before windows crashes? And how about the cpu/mobo temeratures?

I am going over to his house to check it out. I might even bring it back over to my house so I can check it out here. I will let you know more in a few :)

I guess he had the memory tested at a shop, and it is working properly, And windows doesnt even boot up. He said he was Overclocking his computer about a month ago it was getting glitchy and then he set it at the normal clock speed. Then about a week ago he started getting errors(but he didnt write them down), and his computer would crash when running programs. And now he cant even get windows to boot:(... Any advice to us??

I think he needs a new Processor, because he may have damaged it overclocking. but if anyone has any other ideas please post them..

ToeBall

Installed the OS 8 times? GEEZ! Maybe, don't overclock?
Be sure that you are installing OS properly. Do not connect any USB devices and install with the bare minimum. Install hardware in a smart sequence...motherboard drivers, video, sound. Then again we don't know the OS in question so it is a little hard to give advice.

My first post on this forum. Been building systems for some time. It sounds like it could be a couple of things. First thing, pull the power cable from the board and clear the cmos. Let bios detect everything, and see if it'll boot with those settings. Secondly, the bios itself could be corrupt. This happens on some boards when overclocked. Hope you get it back up and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom