Computer just stopped!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilyo

Beta member
Have an Athlon 2600+ on a 6mth old Asus motherboard. I was in the middle of capturing some video from my camera when everything just stopped. Screen went blank, fans/HD powered down. The power light was still on but nothing else. I pulled the plug to try and reset. Still nothing. Green light on motherboard lights up, but nothing else turns on..none of my fans which are powered by the motherboard, HD's CD-ROMS...nothing.

I thought it maybe the power supply, but if it was wouldn't there be no power at all?

Help!

Have you called to speak to Asus yet? I had a MB go on me after 3 months, they said it was a voltage regulator problem and replaced the board free of charge. Only bad thing was that the RMA process took almost 3 months until I recieved my new board!!

I recommend that you call them, I have heard alot of reports of Asus MB issues lately.:(

Is there a simple way to test to ensure it is the motehrboard and not the power supply?

The only way I can think of is to try a different power supply(one that you know is not faulty) and see if the machine powers up, otherwise, just call Asus to get the ball rolling on the RMA process.

Yeah when my Mobo went bad it just died. But Asus does have a 3 year return on their boards & it did take about 6 weeks. Hopefully it isn't your only PC. PSU swap is nice if ya got access to a spare.

Thanks for your help. I had a backup supply and swapped it out. Sure enough it all worked out! Guess I had a bad PSU.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom