Computer hardware descisions help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt1988

Beta member
Right now I have a Dell Optiplex GX 110, P 3 800, desktop, not tower, it's got no expandibility as it only has 2 pci slots with, no AGP slot, the hard drive is failed. I could put a new HD in this computer for about 50 bucks but, I was looking through Tiger Direct, and found a 69.99 dollar barebones system ( No CPU included ) made by Soyo, I forgot the motherboard model but, it takes an AMD Socket A Prossessor, and says can take AMD duron up to 1.3 GHZ and Athalon XP up to 2600, I'm assuming that a Socket A Sempron prossesor will also work. The Motherboard takes PC 133 Ram. I was thinking on getting a Sempron 2400, a Maxtor 30.00 gig hard drive ( serial ATA, 7200 RPM ) an Apallo Radeon 9200se AGP 64mb 8X video card and the rest of the components, I have like the Cd rom, floppy, network adapters. I would need a cpu fan and probably an extra 80 MM fan at the front. I toatled up the cost and, it would cost about 190 bucks, is this a good deal for an AMD Sempron 2400 system and, do you think it would have enough power to run Nascar Racing 2003 season fairly well?

I must also mention that, I have built computers in the past but, have been devoting much of my time and money into my cars but, even my HP Xf315 ( ZE100 series ) notebook is now outdated.

Would I need to update the bios to make a Sempron work if the motherboard specs said it would only work with Athalon XP and duron prosessors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom