Computer graphics card & watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

eq1986

Solid State Member
How many watts power supply would i probably want to work with a 256MB video card? Looking at something like this card. Also how much ram would be recommened to go with that & processor? Lol, thanks!

eq1986 said:
How many watts power supply would i probably want to work with a 256MB video card? Looking at something like this card. Also how much ram would be recommened to go with that & processor? Lol, thanks!
Power supply 300 or what got you here.
Do you really need a 256 ? Does your software need it.?
64 will do it every time.
A 1.5 gb cpu will do.
and a 233 mmx is still pretty good.depends on your needs.
I guess you will hang up too.

A 350 Watt PSU is plenty for just about anything you throw at it.

Anything above an Athlon 1700+ will do fine with the card, and if you plan on gaming, go with a minimum of 256MB system memory (ram)

I was thinking that card, 2.5-3 ghz processor & 1 gig ram, and all the basic stuff

Also, should i go with celeron or pentium? I would rather go cheaper but, if pentium is THAT much better? I read up on it, it doesnt seem like its worth it, but im not sure yet.

Im not looking to get an AMD either, but if I have a 256MB Video card, is it not worth getting it if I only had 512 RAM? Should i downsize and go to 128?

This is what i have in mind, at $574.70 (includes shipping).

Interl Celeron Processor 2.8GHz
Artec CD Burner
Just4PC Case w/ 350 Watts
Seagate 40Gig HD
SOYO motherboard
Thermocontrol cooling fans (buy 1 get one free)
Radeon 9200 SE 128MB
Creative Labs Sound card Audigy X-gamer
speakers/mouse/keyboard/surge protector

Hope i didnt forget something )=

All on tigerdirect.com

I heard celeron was shit.. idk but someone earlier on this forum was saying to stay away from celerons...... i mean if your going to use this for a while....... i would definetly invest in a p4 or an amd processor... because the celeron is just the run of the mill pentium... p4 would be a way better place for your money than the celeron... you could even downsize on the p4 to like a 2.4 or 2.2 and i bet it would still be better than that celeron........ just think the cheaper you buy..... the cheaper you get... (in most cases unless its like a good deal..) i would for sure invest in the p4 if pentium is your thing... i personally prefer amd but thats just me..

Eric

I would do AMD but first I dont understand the 2000+ 3000+ etc, and it seems like their highest one (besides 64 bit) is like 2.2 Ghz? Lol. Has anyone found a chart or something on AMD processor speed? If so, please link it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom