computer feels hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

khanhhuynh4u

Solid State Member
hi guys, i know nothing about how hot the computer is suppose to get so this might be a little dumb or newbie like but.....well i took out the case cover and feels how hot it is and it feels pretty hot like hot enough till where you hold it a kinda tight you have to take your hand off of it..im posting this because also becuase well i dunno if my power supply fan is working wither because its a enermax and it max like little or no noise at all so i dunno because i thought i heard some noise from it at first but now its really quite....also is there a software program that i can dl to check how hoy my cpu or hd is???? also i have an extra 120mm fan but theres only 2 fan plug and ones for the cpu fan which is little (i think its useless but i dont wanna mess with it yet) and the other plug is for the power supply so should i just leave them alone or take the really small fan out of the cpu....and lasty is it better to shut down the computer everytime i leave or its ok to leave it on the whole day and just turn off the monitor...i always put it to hibernate at night though.....well hope this is not too much to ask for but if you want to help and advice me please do thank you and have a nice day

and my specs are: AMD 2500+ Athlon XP
GeForce 5200 XFX video card
2 Maxtor HD 1 120GB and 1 160GB
Albatron kx600 mobo
and window xp pro

I would put the larger fan in. If you dont want to put the fan in you can get a handheld or small vacuum or can of air and clean the fan. This should result in better performance. After that I would download this program:

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311

so that it can monitor the motherboard and other chipsets. This program can also shut down the computer if the motherboard and stuff becomes too hot.

well i got Case 107F and CPU 127F is that normal then????? and when will it be too hot that i should turn it off

This was after you made sure to clean the fan? It hasn't been that long, let it sit for a while and then come back and see what its at. If its still at that temp. then yes I would put the larger fan in. Right now its not that hot but it could overheat. Don't worry though your not in danger right now but just to make sure if it stays like that, switch the fans.

hook up any after market fans to your molex connector which is the kind that powers the hd or cd rom. just get a splitter.

look behind the puter and look into the power supply, which you should be able to see the fan blades running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom