computer failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet9153

Beta member
I came home last thursday from work and my computer was off, so i turned it back on but nothing happened. I could hear the fan start up for a fraction of a second but it no longer does that. The computer is running on a surge protector. No one claims to have been using it in my house that day. Everything else works like the monitor, mouse, speakers, but something in the case is not working. Their is no beep sequence or anything..literally nothing happens when i try to turn it on. i can see a light on the mobo so i know it getting power because when i disconnect the power cord the light dims away. The computer was custom build over a year and half ago. I've never had a problem like this before.
specs:
gigabyte GA-7VAXP rev1.1
AMD athlon XP 2100
512 mb ram
80 gig hard drive
windows XP pro
450 watt power supply
case has good cooling. I have not been monitoring the tempurature lately but about a month ago the case was running at normal tempuratures. the mobo has sensors on the CPu and somewhere on the case.
the only possible cuase i can think of is that i disconnected my iPod the night before and i might have shocked the PC or something but nothing happened that night that i noticed. It wasn't until the next day that i noticed it was off.
Any help would be great...thanks in advance.

press the power button and then check if your power supply fan is working ...if it is then check if your processor fan is working ... well it must be working if your power fan is working..!! and if it is working then check your graphic card take it out and then put it back in properly also do it with your ram ... and also reset your cmos by adjusting the jumber beside the cmos battery..! if all this doesn work then take it to a professional ....!!

Does it not sound like a Power Supply problem. If a PSU turns on for a second then its usually the PSU or something related.

hey guys thanks for all the advice..it was the power supply. I got a new one and my PC is working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom