computer electronics stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
Hi, I live in Vancouver, Canada.

I want to learn about computer electronics. Like making hovercrafts with computer case fans, prototyping my own electric circuits on breadboards, modding computer components, creating small and simple RC vehicles with flashing light emitting diodes, and other cool stuff like that. But I can't find any place that sells these kinds of materials.

Are there any places you guys can recommend? It can be a local store if anyone knows one or an online store, doesn't really matter. I'm just looking for a place that sells the standard electronic components like solder, wires, transistors, resistors, capacitors, LEDs, breadboards, etc. It would be nice if they had a starter kit as well that has a nice selection of different components for beginners like me. If you've taken electronics classes in high school or college you know what I'm talking about. I just don't know where on earth to get them. Thanks

i wouldnt buy anythinng from maplins there stuff sucks...and i know this because ive just gone and had 2 mobo bundels off them and both are buggerd id try a diffrent shop like newegg.ca

Maplins are pretty good for everything except electronics :) Electrics, they're good at, like wires and such.

i wouldnt buy anythinng from maplins there stuff sucks...and i know this because ive just gone and had 2 mobo bundels off them and both are buggerd id try a diffrent shop like newegg.ca

Maplins wouldn't make motherboards onsite though or at all your issue is with maplins customer support and whoever manufacturer the board is from....

Ummm... the OP is in CANADA, not the UK. The question was specifically for a place to buy said electronic components, not computer components.

Hit the link and see what you think, heffer.
Let me google that for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom