Computer Display - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to Aaron M.
Default Computer Display

Hi, i'm a new member and this is my first post but ill get straight to the point, i am building a new pc from the box up and im starting with a monitor, i wanted to be creative and make a projected monitor instead of a lcd, my next issue is what im going to project on, i first though of a wall... but thats been done, i want a really clean look so i was thinking just projecting the image onto a pane of glass, but then again, the image go through it, right? or would the image stay on it. The more i started to reaserch this is
whan i ran into this thing called the heliodisplay and what it is, is just a small box that make a sheet of vapor in witch an image can be cast onto the price for one of these things is 18 thousand, i dont want to spend 18 thousand on a thin sheet of air vapor so would it be possible to make a a vapor sheet with like one of those humidifiers things you buy from wall mart or zellers or would projecting onto glass be the best solution.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

three words
the vapour screen on youtube shoots out bizillions of tiny particles of water vapour. doesnt a dehumidifier just do the oppisite?
and how are u planning to project it to glass?
i admire ambitious people like you!

Old 02-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Just get a piece of white material or something and cover the back of the glass and project it on that... pull it tight behind the glass so there are no wrinkles.... and yes you would need a humidifer to do the vapour thing. but i dont think it would beable to shoot out enough vapor for your screen.

There is a store in one of the shopping malls next to where i live. They have the projector, projecting the image to a mirror which than reflects it on to the shop window. Some how it dosent shine through.. No idea how it works..
Closed Thread