Computer desk for soon-to-come gaming rig - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Computer desk for soon-to-come gaming rig

I'm going to be buying the pieces and parts for my computer after Christmas and I need a desk to put all this on.
I've been looking around for a desk, but nothing ever "works." So, I'm planning on designing my own desk and building it out of wood. I'll cut the wood and stain it in the garage or outside and then assemble everything in my closet. I picked my closet because, well, I have two of them. However, I only use one and the other is full of junk. It's the perfect place to have a computer desk. I will have plenty of room for everything I need.

I want to try to maximize the size of the computer desk, basically wall to wall. However, the tricky part is getting it in there. The entrance is a little bit smaller than the inside of the closet. That is why I wanted to assemble it inside the closet.

Now to tell you of my "vision" on how it's going to look. I was thinking of having the desk almost from one wall to the other inside my closet (I'll take a picture of it once I clean it out). I also have some room to build up, so I was thinking about putting some cabinets or something to hold all my computer junk (CDs, Games, etc.) I was also thinking about having some lights built in to the bottom of the cabinets to shine down onto the computer desk. I was thinking about having three lights, two flourecent and one regular. I was also hoping to be able to turn them on individually.

(I'll add more when it comes to me.)

Feel free to give suggestions and stuff. That's why I posted

Old 09-03-2007, 02:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Computer desk for soon-to-come gaming rig

here is the desk i bilt myself. the paint turned out crappy but it fuctions great. their are no visable wires everything is ran through pvc pipe. i have a "dashboard" with usb,ethernet,rca and power plugs all on my desktop. i have 2 exhaust fans built in that run off the computers 12v power. and those gauges are fuctional!

My set up built april 2004
nvida 5600FX 256MB 8X graphic card W/ tv out
NEC-2500a & NEC-3500a dvd burner
soyo dragon II mother board
P4 2.4ghz HT 800mhz fsb
120GB maxtor HD & 500gb sata hd
512mb ram pc3200 400mhz made by ultra
Closed Thread