Computer Crashes Since Intalling Sapphire X700

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_Rules

Baseband Member
Hi new to this forum so hope it works out ok

Since installing my Sapphire ATi Radeon X700 256MB AGP video card the monitor used to turn off for no apparent reason and it was as if the computer had froze too i got tht sorted tho by updating the bios and drivers and it seemed to stop turning my monitor off.

But i did notice that the porblem with opening Device Manager in Windows XP Pro which i use it seems to just freeze the computer sometimes when i open this and have noticed it to do the same sometimes when opening Disk Defragmenter.

I seriously hope that this is a software related problem is there any obvious hardware incompatibility problem which my system please help any if you can my PC specs can b seen in my sig

Thanks In Advance for any help i may recieve

well the problem is most likley the video card is messed up if you just bought it then get a rma on it. or you can try turning off fast writes if your monitor is cutting off. that should fix it

Whats a RMA ?

sorry if this is stupid Question and as for just buying the card i bought about a month ago from PCWorld for £100

Hi everything seems to be ok with fast wirtes off not freezing when opening device manager doesnt freeze at all thanks for the solution does this mean that it isn't a hardware problem and if it is how can i sort it and be able to turn on fast writes

P.S. will turning off fast write effect doom 3's performance alot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom