Status
Not open for further replies.

otakueric

Solid State Member
its weird
i have corsair value select duel data ram
i have 2 pairs of a gig each
if i run both pairs my computer crashes

i get all sorts of stops, page fault, nvidia display, ati display, win32sys, every possible stop, i get it
why is that i cant run it with 2 gigs of ram?

i tried replacin cpu hdd and video card before i took out a ram, and it worked like a charm..

Let me tell you that i also have 2GB of Dual RAM, and i get a lot of crashes, one GB is Kingston, the Other one is Corsair Value Select, and the corsair is giving me a headache. i found a piece of software that you could run it by booting it from a floppy, and it woulod tell you which ram is giving you the problem. 'cause if one of those is not working properly is going to affect the other one. It would be good if i could remember the name of the software. Ask around maybe someone knows

Some motherboards only support their maximum ram capacity on slower speeds. Like they might support pc3200 but only with 2gigs where as you could put pc2700 up to 3gigs.
BTW are you sure the ram sticks are the right speeds?

Try running memtest86 with one stick at a time, let it run overnight with each stick. If there are any problems with any of the sticks it will show a few failed test. It is possible your windows operating system cant support more than a certain ammount of ram though. But what are your specs? Are you trying to run the RAM in dual channel?

memtest on pairs of sticks or individual sticks have no errors
i let it run about 12 times through 1200% and no errors
but if i run it with all 2 gigs, i get an error, memtest cant run all 2 gigs at once, so i hafto run 2 seperate memtests at like 850megs each, i still get an error, if i let 1 memtest do 1 gig, i still get an error

the 4 sticks are exactly the same, so the speeds are fine, and if i memtest it 1 stick or pairs at a time, no errors

'But what are your specs? Are you trying to run the RAM in dual channel?'
and yes, im running the memory in dual channel, my specs are
p4 3.2e
gigabyte 2004 gt edition m/b
2 gigs of corsair dual channel value ram pc3200
windows xp pro
(i dunno if the rest is relevant)
7200 maxtor 80gig
7200 seagate 200gig
ati x850 xt 256meg
hp +/- dvd writer 8x
some really expensive 120$ 450w psu because my old ones burned out and im sick and tired of cheap psu's

'It is possible your windows operating system cant support more than a certain ammount of ram though.'
and that is what im thinking as well, but i havent googled anything relevant on that, and i have a counter-strike server running xp pro and that has 2 gigs also (not dual channel) but that runs properly.

sigh any suggestions?

'Windows Xp gets a little buggy above one GB of ram i think..... Thats why most people only go for one gb'

you might be right, theres not much resell value for ram on ebay...i may be forced to build a new computer to use the other gig of ram hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom