Computer crash on recently released games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug9x

Solid State Member
Hey guys:D ,

So my friend told me this was a great place to gain knowledge and to gain help etc with computers ;) ..

I have a problem of my own...

The problem:

Playing relatively new games such as crysis, unreal 4 and NFS pro street crashes my system, the screen will freeze, sound will start to repeat, then my screen will display 'no input' and the computer will not respond. However the lower the specs the longer the game seems to last.

My Specs:

AMD 3.0 Dual core processor
2Gb Ram
Geforce 8600 GTS
Windows vista home 32 bit

What i've tried so far:

1. Downloaded latets software and drivers, including vista beta's via the Geforce website
  2. Tested if my RAM is faulty, its not
  3. Used a different monitor
  4. Checked my graphics card for over-heating, its temp is 41C
  5. Reformatted Windows and my hdd and reinstalled games

Any suggestions guys?

Many thanks,

Doug9x

Try using different versions of the drivers, such as an older version or two, or Omega drivers.

I had the same problem with COD4 and my X1950XT. I ended up trying the Crysis version of my drivers, and they worked. I had tried a LOT of different things I found online, but it ended up being drivers.

Thanks,

Can i just clarify that? I download older drivers instead of the new releases that are on the geforce site?

Could anyone please link to to ol drivers?

Ive searched the net and can't seem to find them really..

Ive tried forceware for vista crashes and beta drivers etc but they have all failed also

Any further help please guys?

What is the wattage of your power supply? If it is not enough to power the 8600, that could be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom