Computer configuring question for college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash_AAA

Solid State Member
Hi guys im trying to get buy a computer for college. I want it to do all the basic tasks for school but also want some gaming capabilities mainly flight simulators(my major). Im trying to get 512 memory and a nice video card and keep it under 800 dollars. Is this reasonable or possible? I currently looking athttp://www.cyberpowersystem.com/ I gave up with dell their price kept going up. One last question guys whats better an P4 2.8 or AMD 2800+. Thx for your time guys
greatly aprreciated

By the looks of it I would buy the Athlon 64 2800 computer. It looks alot better then the Intel box. I do not like the video option. You need a better wideo card.

Yes, Flight sim 2004 and Combat flight sim 3 I have some Jane flight sims and some Novalogic sims. I've never heard of x-plane?

Which of these mother boards would you consider the best buy this is for the AMD 64 from cyber power.

(939-pin Socket) ABIT AV8 VIA K8T800 MAINBOARD WITH LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO [-10]

(939-pin Socket) ASUS A8V DELUXE VIA K8T800 MAINBOARD WITH LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO [+30]

(754-pin Socket) Albatron K8X800 PRO VIA K8T800 Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,&Audio [-10]

(754-pin Socket) MSI K8T Neo FSR VIA K8T800 Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2, &Audio

(754-pin Socket) GigaByte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 250 Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,IEEE,&Audio [+26]

(754-pin Socket) NEW ASUS K8V SE Deluxe VIA K8T800 Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,IEEE,&Audio [+43]

well you say that youre majoring in aviation or something? or in flight sims . . .

x-plane is actually FAA approved when used with the right equipment

www.x-plane.com

i like the 2nd mobo

tell us what u were actually goin to buy as a computer.. because if ur budget is only $800, im not so sure if u can afford the 64-bit CPU with a nice motherboard and a nice video card, and ur harddrive, cd drives, monitor... when it all adds up.. thatll be way above $800!! but id say with that budget ud want the AMD Athlon XP 3200+.. but again, post what u were planin on buy as a PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom