Computer Categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Surge and I are revamping his online shop and hope to open again soon. I just wanted to know what you guys thought were good categories to sell PC's under.

So far we have:

Home Range (For home and work computers, you know, the basics).
HTPC Range (Media computers that have Bluray players etc...)
HiDef Range (Gaming pc's etc)

I was thinking of adding more and i wanted some help. I was thinking of these but feedback would be appreciated on others as well:

MiniRange (MiniITX Pc's with CPU's upto a 2.5ghz E5200.)
ServerRange (Quad Cores and Dual Quads with integrated graphics)

I would add the server range....but thats just me, i love servers ^_^......the mini range is cool too........you think about adding laptops?

I work in a computer shop too.

I normaly have
Basic - Cheap computer that gets you online. Cheap motherboard and CPU. Maybe one of those Motherboard with an onboard CPU. These just get you onto the internet and allow you to use a word processing program.

Value - Basic Computer where you do have some room to move later on down the track.

Workstation - Computer that is there with a bit of processing power, but not nessarly there for gaming.

Gaming - Gaming PC.

Entry Level Server - Basic Server for the office. However i tend to avoid adverterising these as servers start getting complicated. If some one wants a server, it's really best for some one to talk to me and tell me what they want and how much they want to spend.
When it comes to servers it really comes down too :-
1. What are they doing with it? Is it just there to store data, or are they hosting a data base on it.
2. How many people are accessing it at the same time?
3. Proactive back up stragegy (RAIDS)
4. Reactive back up stragegy (Backup tapes and drives)
5. How much down time can they afford?
6. Most importantly, how deep thier pockets are. It's not that I want to milk them for any every cent they are worth. However I don't want to start quoting $5000 figures when they only have a budget of about $3000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom