computer burn in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acdcxx

Baseband Member
well o have seen some sites that do this im wondering do i need to do this? do i need a new program? i am ordering a new comp wondering if i should,also i need to figure out how to build it,so step by step with picures and videos would help.thanks.

Um, what? You need to be more specific on what you want. Please define 'burn-in' to you... There's many things that can be considered for burn-in.

Contrary to popular belief, us techies aren't mind readers nor robots that are able to ascertain what you are talking about when we ourselves have no idea what you are talking about.

Now, what kind of burn-in are you referring to? Burn-in on LCD screens? On thermal paste? On what? We can't help you without more info.

well the most i know is,that new computers are set up then a program is used you start is and let the program run for 24 hours with out touching it let it sit for 24 hours,im really not sure.

When I "Burn In" a computer, it normally means that I am running the computer as the maxium speed for a period of time. Reason why I do this is to make sure that the computer hardware will not fall over shortly after i give it back to my customer.

Program that i use is SiS Sandra. SiSoftware Zone
Personally i like the older version more than the newer version. However the older version does not run on Vista.

well the most i know is,that new computers are set up then a program is used you start is and let the program run for 24 hours with out touching it let it sit for 24 hours,im really not sure.

That's generally referred to as stress testing, and only really needed if you have overclocked the computer. Most people use Prime95 to stress test. There's also OCCT (Overclock Check Tool), and Orthos. Prime95 is the most popular.

should i do this to my new computer? if so how would i do that?
I would. An overnight or 24 hours of the computer running at the maxium speed. If she does not fall over, then she should be all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom